WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Plant Food ROCKS is a nonprofit organization that promotes the benefits of following a plant based diet because we know that consuming Plant Food Reduces the Onset of Cancer and Kills Sickness (ROCKS).
Vision: To create a society where we seek plant based foods to heal our bodies, renew our minds, and to replenish our spirit to the point where we ultimately eradicate overpriced healthcare because it won’t be necessary beyond preventive care.
Our seven Guiding Principles are to…
- Create a culture that believes food is thy medicine and thy medicine is thy food.
- Create a culture that promotes healing by first seeking its medicine from the “FARM-acy” and NOT the Pharmacy.
- Create a culture where access to organically grown, whole foods isn’t just a privilege for the wealthy, but an option for ALL.
- Cultivate a generation of school-aged children who are educated about the benefits of a plant based diet and are empowered to grow their own food and motivate their families to do the same.
- Collaborate with residents, businesses, local government, and faith-based organizations located in or serving low-income, impoverished, and food desert communities to create community gardens.
- Collaborate with schools serving low-income kids in underserved neighborhoods to create school gardens.
- Create a mobile farmers market that provides affordable, locally grown produce to low- income communities.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Some of the topics we discuss in the blog are the benefits of a plant-based diet, the best way to transition to a plant based diet, and health and fitness trends. When we’re not blogging about nutrition, we will cover topics about overall health and wellness from an emotional, spiritual and physical perspective.
We will also share our journey to creating community gardens in under-served communities, provide tips for simple ways you can start your own community garden, as well as highlight communities that are doing it successfully. We love to share encouraging stories and testimonies about what’s working.
But we don’t want to just be an information portal, we want this to be a community of shared ideas. So, PLEASE share your input and suggestions. When a blog resonates with you, make a comment. If you have questions, post them on the blog or our social media sites.
We want you to become a part of the conversation and the solution to the health issues impacting distressed communities all over the country. None of us can do this great work alone, we are STRONGER TOGETHER!
Let’s create a ripple effect and become the change we want to see in the world!